Ask Me Where I'm Going, Ask Me Where I've Been

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Good Morning!

Well, we are two days away from our departure. We still have a few things left to do at this point. One of which is purchasing marbles. I had the pleasure of traveling with a professor a couple of years ago who had a wonderful idea. Each time she or her students travel, she gives them two marbles. One they are to keep and cherish forever. The other, they are to plant somewhere along their path. I'm not usually big on these kinds of things, but this trip is particularly important for my companions for various reasons. I want them to be able to leave a symbol of themselves on their journey. We'll see how that goes :-).

In other news, my husband is growing increasingly fun to watch. He has never left North America, so this is a big step for an Appalachian who never thought they had a need to travel past this home continent. He is making packing lists, placing things on his Google Calendar, blogging, of course, researching the history of each stop, etc. It is like watching a child prepare for Christmas. I hope he isn't disappointed. I anticipate many heady conversations about the new sights, sounds, and smells he encounters. And this, my friends, is what I love about my sweet husband. He's always the analyst and it makes for the best conversations. We simply never get board.

That's all for now. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment